Isco 2160 LaserFlow™
The LaserFlow™ velocity sensor remotely measures flow in open channels with non-contact Laser Doppler Velocity technology and non-contact Ultrasonic Level technology. The sensor uses advanced technology to measure velocity with a laser beam at single or multiple points below the surface of the wastewater stream. (Patented)
The sensor uses an ultrasonic level sensor to measure the level and determines a sub-surface point to measure velocity. The sensor then focuses its laser beam at this point and measures the frequency shift of the returned light.
The LaserFlow is ideal for a broad range of wastewater monitoring applications. It is compatible with both the Teledyne Isco Signature® Flow Meter and the Teledyne Isco 2160 LaserFlow Module, depending on the type of installation.
During submerged conditions, flow measurement continues without interruption with optional continuous wave Doppler Ultrasonic Area Velocity technology.
- Permanent and portable flow measurement for CSO, SSO, I&I, SSEs, CMOM, and other sewer monitoring programs
- Shallow flow measurement in varying pipe sizes
- Wastewater treatment plant influent, process, and effluent flow measurement
- Stormwater conveyance and outfall
- Irrigation canals and channels
- Non-contact velocity and level measurement
- Rugged, submersible enclosure with IP68 ingress protection
- Single or Multiple Point measurement below the liquid surface
- Zero deadband from measurement point in non-contact level and velocity measurements
- Quality readings without manual profiling
- Bidirectional velocity measurement
Options and Accessories
- Flow measurement during submerged conditions via Ultrasonic Doppler technology
- Redundant flow measurement w/ simultaneous Continuous Wave Doppler and/or Ultrasonic Level Sensing
- Permanent and temporary mounting hardware
- Sensor retrieval arm enables installation and removal without confined space entry
- Remote ultrasonic level sensor options for drop manhole and outfall applications
For more information, download the 2160 LaserFlow™ PDF.